tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>
Subject Re: mod_jk configure failover
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 20:21:54 GMT
On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 06:17:50PM +0200, Mladen Turk wrote:
> Glenn Nielsen wrote:
> >Now that local worker is gone from mod_jk how can you configure
> >two app servers where you want one to be the primary and the
> >second one to be used for automatic failover only if the primary
> >is in an error state?
>
> Use 'disabled' flag for standby worker with 'redirect' to that worker.
>
> worker.w1.disabled=False
> worker.w1.redirect=w2
>
> worker.w2.disabled=True
>

> You can even redirect to the 'domain' or group of workers.

Thanks.

This seems to be a roundabout way to setup failover on error
and confuses what disabled=true means.

So let me get this straight, please correct me if I am wrong.
As of 1.2.11:

If disabled=true for a worker that worker can still receive
requests if:
  a) Another real worker has redirect={disabled worker}
  b) A request has a JSESSIONID with the disabled worker jvmroute

If you really want to disable a worker completely you need to use
the new stopped=True property?

Regards,

Glenn