tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Pannell <steven.pann...@zooplus.com>
Subject Unique Session ID's - are they really generated?
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 14:04:42 GMT

Hi,

On some application servers I have used in the past when you shut them down
and restarted the server it was possible that duplicate session ID's were
generated matching those in a previously running instance of the server.

Does anyone know if tomcat really has Unique Session ID creation.  That is I
leave tomcat running for a week. Stop it.  Start it.  Is it possible that a
duplication session ID will be created in my new running instance that
matches a session ID created in my previous running instance.

I just want to know does tomcat really guarantee unique Session ID's even
over shutdown and start ups??

Thanks,
Steve.