tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Initial test of APR on Solaris
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 22:57:26 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Barker" <wbarker@wilshire.com>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: Initial test of APR on Solaris

Java
> Connector, which means that there aren't very many connections active.
With
> the HTTPClient, the thread count happily goes up to the number of threads
on
> the test.
>
> > I hope I'll have my hands on some Solaris box pretty soon, so I'll
> > see what is the problem.

I can get the test to finish if I synchronize around the 'Poll.poll'
statement in the Poller.  However, doing this sends the perfomance right
through the floor :(.  I'm guessing it's a problem with doing an add and/or
remove (most likely remove, since it hangs when test threads are finishing)
at the same time that it's in the middle of a poll.

> My test box is Solaris7 (the shiny new ones are in production, so I can't
> use them for testing :).  It would be interesting if somebody could try it
> out on a version that isn't a museum piece ;-).
>
> > Regards,
> > Mladen.

> This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as
the intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED
and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read,
copy, or distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then
delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

> In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent
through the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive
information, such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal
identification numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted)
e-mail.