tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11 InternalAprOutputBuffer.java
Date Sun, 15 May 2005 01:28:25 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <remm@apache.org>
To: <jakarta-tomcat-connectors-cvs@apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 1:41 PM
Subject: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11
InternalAprOutputBuffer.java

> remm        2005/05/14 13:41:26
>
>  Modified:    http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11
>                        InternalAprOutputBuffer.java
>  Log:
>  - Optimize a little using a direct byte buffer to replace the socket
> buffer.
>  - I'll experiment with doing the same optimization for reads, but I don't
> expect it to do anything
>    (other than waste memory) as copying bytes will be needed.

Cool.  I had been thinking that the savings with NIO were all do to the fact
that SocketChannel.write would allocate and copy to another ByteBuffer
instance if I didn't use direct ByteBuffers.

of this message and any attachments.

(unencrypted) e-mail.