tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/connector Connector.java Response.java
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 16:57:28 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mladen Turk" <mturk@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 9:41 AM
Subject: Re: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/connector
Connector.java Response.java

> jean-frederic clere wrote:
>> Mladen Turk wrote:
>>>
>>> INFO: Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
>>> May 25, 2005 4:46:53 PM
>>> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable run
>>> SEVERE: Caught exception (java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>>> org.apache.jk.core.MsgContext.getRequest()Ljava/lang/Object;) executing
>>> org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection@70d05c13, terminating thread
>>> May 25, 2005 4:46:54 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stop
>>> INFO: Stopping service Catalina
>>>

>>> Any ideas why?
>>
>> Why do you think the changes in Connector and Response cause the problem?
>>

> If I would have an idea I wouldn't ask 'Any ideas why?' :).
>
> Anyhow seems the problem with MsgContext.java when Bill
> changed the :
> -    public final  Object getRequest()
> +    public final Request getRequest()
>
> Think that down the classtree getRequest() is still considered to
> return the Ljava/lang/Object.

Doing a clean build of j-t-c/jk/java should fix it.  MsgContext isn't
referenced outside of there.

This is actually changed as part of Mark's Form-auth POST-replay, not the
Connector/Response buffering.