tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Initial test of APR on Solaris
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 18:30:15 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mladen Turk" <mturk@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 9:57 AM
Subject: Re: Initial test of APR on Solaris

> Remy Maucherat wrote:

> >> Interestingly, the non-HTTPClient option never seems to get above ~62
> >> concurrency.
> >
> > This looks suspicious to me, as it's the same constant size as the
> > poller on Windows. Maybe Mladen will have ideas.
> >

> Well, I never tried the code on Solaris, so really can not tell.
> The number looks pretty much like on windows where non-patched
> apr supports only 63 pollable sockets.

It has to be something with the 1.4 JVM on my XP box, since from the docs
it's using j.n.URLConnection.  What I see is a low thread-count on the Java
Connector, which means that there aren't very many connections active.  With
the HTTPClient, the thread count happily goes up to the number of threads on
the test.

> I hope I'll have my hands on some Solaris box pretty soon, so I'll
> see what is the problem.

My test box is Solaris7 (the shiny new ones are in production, so I can't
use them for testing :).  It would be interesting if somebody could try it
out on a version that isn't a museum piece ;-).