tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/authenticator AuthenticatorBase.java
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 04:59:07 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Keith Wannamaker wrote:
>
>> If no one else is concerned that Tomcat 5.5 doesn't work by default
>

> Any other nonsensical statement to make ? The only thing that does not
> work is opening third party documents from the website, due to IE's
> broken handling of this.
>
> How about a) going whining at M$ instead ? b) using appropriate
> configuration.
>
> Your veto is completely invalid anyway.

IE is still (unfortunately) the browser used by a lot of people, and if
there is a way to work around IE brokeness - I think it's a good idea to
do it.

Complaining to M$ doesn't work - people will just end up buying IIS
instead :-)

Seriously, not sure why is the veto invalid - if the choice is between
having it working for 90% of the people and doing it 'right' - it is
worth probably more discussion and a pragmatic decision :-) I would vote
for fixing it for the 90% of people - at least until IE gets down to
some 49%.

Costin