tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Brittain <jason.britt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/webapps/docs changelog.xml
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:45:02 GMT
>      <subsection name="Cluster">
>        <changelog>
>          <add>
>   +        DeltaManager has now JMX expireAllLocalSessions and processExipre operation
>   +        for better cluster node shutdown handling (pero)
>   +      </add>

Why would we want to invalidate all sessions active on one node of the cluster
when bringing it down, as opposed to replicating the session data out to one or
more other available nodes in the cluster and letting the other machine(s)
handle them?  Or, did you add these operations/methods for cases where the
cluster is configured to keep any given session on exactly one node?  (I
wouldn't think so, since in that case what would the session clustering really
be useful for?)

Just curious..

--
Jason Brittain