tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <henri.go...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat and APR
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:08:26 GMT
Well I've no problems with using APR if we could still use a pure Java
implementation.

Some may not have APR on their boxes, or an incorrect version of APR,
or an invalid APR configuration (ie not multi-threaded).

Remember mod_webapp and the reasons why it failed, ie too many peoples
couldn't get the correct APR for there machine.

So if we could make it configurable, via server.xml for example, using
APR seems a great idea.