tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Ian F. Darwin" <>
Subject Re: New TLP draft
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:16:10 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Hi,
> Here's a new draft with the necessary updates.
> I suppose this needs to be sent to the PMC for approval. If this draft
> is ok, I will send it there.
> Then there are infrastructure taks:
> - renaming mailing lists

Is that just keeping both lists and moving them up the domain hierarchy,
or is there a move to
change the list names while we're at it?

> - moving CVS
> - new DNS and virtual host
> To summarize things:
> - I will be the proposed first PMC chair

Lucky you :-)  Everyone else I hope thanks you for taking this on.

> - PMC chairs will serve for one year, and cannot serve consecutive one
> year terms (shouldn't this be put in the resolution text ? - if so,
> please help writing it, as I can't write ASF resolution compliant
> language)

In a conventional organization I think this would be in a separate
by-laws document, but I'm not up-to-date on Apache organization. If it
belongs in the resolution, I will take a stab at implementing a wording
that will be perceived as appropriate and efficacious :-)

> - although the ASF infrastructure is quite aggressive in pushing
> Subversion, I find it harder to work with than CVS at the moment
> (including crucial - for me - revision graphs, and better tool
> support); as a result, I think I would prefer keeping CVS for the time
> being

I agree - I'd prefer to stay on CVS, at least until the tool support is
more widespread (e.g., Eclipse doesn't ship with a SubVersion plug-in
yet, though there are a few available).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message