tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler JDTCompiler.java
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 14:54:33 GMT
remm@apache.org wrote:
> remm        2005/04/04 06:57:49
>
>   Modified:    jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper
>                         EmbeddedServletOptions.java
>                webapps/docs changelog.xml
>                .        build.properties.default
>                jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler
>                         JDTCompiler.java
>   Log:
>   - Update to JDT 3.1 M6 (Java 5 feature complete, from what I have read).
>   - Please test it (compilation on JDK 1.4 seems to work as usual) to see if this is
ok or should be reverted.

Cool, another one of my great ideas ;) At least there aren't any major
regressions in JDK 1.4 mode.

public final class test_jsp extends org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase
     implements org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspSourceDependent {

   private static java.util.Vector _jspx_dependants;

   public java.util.List getDependants() {
     return _jspx_dependants;
   }

In JDK 1.5 mode, ECJ apparently doesn't like casting Vector -> List.
This should be allowed, I think (javac works, from what I can tell).

Can anyone confirm this problem ?

Rémy