tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <>
Subject Re: New TLP draft
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2005 03:58:56 GMT
On Apr 8, 2005 11:19 PM, Bill Barker <> wrote:
> [...]

A better description is that their committer list is a direct subset
of the Tomcat list, and they exist primarily for use by the Tomcat

Mark Thomas (I think, sorry if it wasn't Mark) explained Watchdog as
existing for Tomcat 4 and being dead because Tomcat 5 no longer needed
it (or some such). This seems like a pretty clear ownership by Tomcat.

The ServletAPI modules were (I assume) created for use by Tomcat.
Unless we start a project at Apache for hosting JCP spec jars, it
seems that a part of the Tomcat community would be the ones writing
the servletapi-3.0.jar in 2 years time; so servletapi also seems like
it's owned by the Tomcat community.

Going a bit further out; I think it would be fair to say that the
Tomcat community are the inheritors of the mod_jserv stuff; but as the
last published cvs location for this no longer works, there's nothing
concrete to hand off. Just vague ownership of something archived

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message