tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yoa...@MIT.EDU>
Subject RE: [VOTE] 5.5.9 Stability
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2005 03:05:39 GMT
Hi,

> The problem is that clustering only patches in HEAD may pick up
> incompatible changes, like the Session.getId patch. We also shouldn't do
> a new 5.5.10 tag based on HEAD, as it would pick up the risky stuff.
>
> Maybe one solution would be to do a new 5.5.9 build, and reverting
> clustering (aka, everything in the "cluster" folder) to the 5.5.8 tag.
> Would that work out well enough ?

I think that's the best approach.  We can call it 5.5.9-beta when released,
and have a stability vote right afterwards.

I'll be incommunicado from the 14th through the 20th or so: I'm getting
married on the 17th ;)

Yoav Shapira
System Design and Management Fellow
MIT Sloan School of Management / School of Engineering
Cambridge, MA USA
yoavsh@sloan.mit.edu / yoavs@computer.org