tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yoa...@MIT.EDU>
Subject RE: [RESULT] PMC Chair
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 12:26:51 GMT
Hi,

> Next is to draft a resolution to supply to the board,
> making Tomcat a TLP. It's easiest to look over the approved
> minutes and look at similar resolutions and use them
> as a guide.

Below is the draft resolution we agreed on previously, so it should be
pretty close.  We need to make sure the PMC names are correct and complete.
Congrats to Remy and thanks everyone for voting, and of course thanks Henri
;)

Yoav

--- Draft TLP resolution ---
X. Establish the Apache Tomcat Project

       open-source software related to the implementation of the
       Java Servlet and Java Server Pages specifications, for
       distribution at no charge to the public.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Tomcat PMC", be and
       hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and
       be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Tomcat PMC be and hereby is
       related to creation and maintenance of open-source software
       related to the implementation of the Java Servlet and Java
       Server Pages specifications based on software licensed to
       the Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Tomcat" be
       and hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve
       at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
       Apache Tomcat PMC, and to have primary responsibility for
       management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
       of the Apache Tomcat PMC; and be it further

       Apache Tomcat PMC:

           Jean-Francois Arcand (jfarcand@apache.org)
           Bill Barker (billbarker@apache.org)
           Jean-Frederic Clere (jfclere@apache.org)
           Tim Funk (funkman@apache.org)
           Henri Gomez (hgomez@apache.org)
           Filip Hanik (fhanik@apache.org)
           Jan Luehe (luehe@apache.org)
           Costin Manolache (costin@apache.org)
           Remy Maucherat (remm@apache.org)
           Amy Roh (amyroh@apache.org)
           Peter Rossbach (pero@apache.org)
           Yoav Shapira (yoavs@apache.org)
           Mark Thomas (markt@apache.org)
           Mladen Turk (mturk@apache.org)
           Keith Wannamaker (keith@apache.org)

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that [XXXXXXX]
       be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Tomcat, to
       serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
       death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
       until a successor is appointed; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Tomcat PMC be and hereby is
       tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
       encourage open development and increased participation in the
       Apache Tomcat Project; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Tomcat PMC be and hereby is
       tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Jakarta
       PMC Tomcat subproject; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Jakarta Tomcat
       sub-project and encumbered upon the Apache Jakarta PMC are
       hereafter discharged.

--- End draft TLP resolution ---