tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Question: Strange Session Remove Attribute
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2005 19:22:05 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Rossbach" <pr@objektpark.de>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:04 AM
Subject: Question: Strange Session Remove Attribute

> Hey
>
> I have review the getIdInteral changes. At expire (StandardSession,
> DeltaSession) we send first the "SessionDestory events" and after this the
> "Remove Session Attribute" events. Before we send the remove attribute
> events the session set to invalid. Hmm: Why we do that? I have read the
> spec 2.4 but I can find a hint. With this handling nobody can access the
> getId without IllegalStateException in a HttpSessionBindingListener or
> HttpSessionAttributeListener! That I can't find this very nice?

What can I say, we needed to generate more BZ reports to mark as INVALID
;-).

> Can anyone explain this session event handling?

There was just a long discussion of this.  For the details, check the list
archives.  The short version is that it's mandated by section 15.1.7 +
Errata
(http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/maintenance/jsr154/154errata.txt).