tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/servlets DefaultServlet.java
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:54:22 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <remm@apache.org>
To: <jakarta-tomcat-catalina-cvs@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 9:13 AM
Subject: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/servlets
DefaultServlet.java

> remm        2005/04/20 09:13:23
>
>   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/naming/resources
>                         ResourceAttributes.java FileDirContext.java
>                http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11
>                         InternalAprOutputBuffer.java
>                         Http11AprProcessor.java
>                util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net AprEndpoint.java
>                catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/connector
>                         Request.java
>                catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/servlets
>                         DefaultServlet.java
>   Log:
>   - Fix setting timeouts on sockets.
>   - Add plumbing code for sendfile (disabled by default), which doesn't
work yet.
>   - Apparently, the Sendfile.run algo is bad. APR is black magic to me, so
I'll let Mladen fix it :)

<snip/>

>   +        // Pass special attributes to the native layer
>   +        if (name.startsWith("sendfile.")) {
>   +            coyoteRequest.setAttribute(name, value);
>   +        }
>   +

This should be 'org.apache.catalina.sendfile' (or, if you prefer,
'org.apache.tomcat.sendfile').  Otherwise, you'll get BZ reports like:
<whine>
In my application Filter I do
  request.setAttribute("sendfile.filename", new MySendFileName());
and my application breaks on 5.5.10.  It worked fine on 5.5.9.
</whine>

of this message and any attachments.

(unencrypted) e-mail.