tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolace <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: TLP Draft Proposal
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:33:27 GMT
Henri Yandell <flamefew <at> gmail.com> writes:

> However, SVN has sufficient advantages on the server-side for the
> people administrating the Apache boxes to long for it, and the choice
> of techs is a balance between various people's requirements.
>
> I've nudged Infra to see if they're planning to propose the
> CVS-tuning-off proposal to the community soon, as the earlier the
> better.

"Propose" or "impose" ? Typically 'propose' means the community would have some
way to say 'yes' or 'no'.

I agree SVN is better - and for a new project it would certainly be the top
choice. But I can't believe maintaining cvs for existing projects ( or the few
projects that chose to keep using it ) is such a huge burden.

If this is an issue of resources - will this be solved if someone would
volunteer to maintain it ? Or maybe if some company would donate the money for a
hosting service ( like openoffice.org or java.net seem to work ) ?

Costin