tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] PMC Chair
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:19:07 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I would recommend that before anyone responds, "we" decide who should
> rec' and tally the votes. Also, votes should only be counted
> from those who will be on the new PMC.
>
> So before the vote:
>
>    1. Finalize list of PMC members
>       (all current committers)
>    2. Determine who to collect and tally votes
>       (I propose Henri Yandell)

Let's not make this too long or complicated.

Some votes are already out of the box, and I think we agree that
any committer who wants to be in the PMC can get there by simply asking
for it.

So if Henri can send back a count ( or just the winner ) of all private
votes he receives, as well as the list of people who voted - we can
check against avail and update the PMC member list as well. ( a vote by
a committer is an indication that he wants to vote so he wants to be in
the pmc :-).

Costin