tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: TLP Draft Proposal
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:26:28 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Hola,
>

>>What do you guys (parties in the subject) have to say about that?
>>
>>Lat's put all the cards on the table, do what ever is needed and move
>>forward. I'm getting tired of all that politic bullshit, but I'm also
>>aware it must be done. So ... Remy, Yoav?
>

> I'm waiting to hear from Remy on what he wants to do.  He has to want to be
> the PMC chair ;)  If he does want it and all the admin stuff that goes with
> it, it's fine with me.  The role of a VP is something we can define, but
> doesn't really exist within other ASF projects, which just have the PMC
> chair and the rest of the PMC, so I don't think we need one.

If Remy is interested, I think it would be fair to have a vote. If
whoever is first later decide he had too much politics/admin pains -
we'll have a backup ready :-)

I don't know what are the rules wrt board meetings ( if only the pmc is
allowed, etc ), but while there is only one pmc chair, we can have as
many volunteers as we want to help with the admin stuff - reports, etc(
if I remember, Henri was doing this long before he became chair of
jakarta pmc, same for Geir ).

So it's great to have as many people as possible volunteer for the
unpleasand admin work - it will only make the admin job easier, and
it'll make the rotation transition easier too.

Costin