tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <>
Subject Re: TLP Draft Proposal
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:18:07 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Hi,
>>I would like to propose Remy == XXXXXX ( he can obviously refuse, but I
>>hope he will not do that ). Obvious reasons on why he is the best
>>choice, so I don't think consensus will be a problem - only his
>>acceptance ( it'll not involve too much coding :-).
> I was thinking Remy might refuse, so he doesn't have to deal with all the
> administrative stuff that comes with the role.  That and my own interest in
> the role prevent consensus at this point ;)

It Remy will refuse - you have my vote :-) It's just that he done so
much coding in this project - that I think it would be good if he is the
first chair.

I think the idea of rotating ( let's say yearly ? ) would be an excelent
one - it'll avoid having people serve for too much ( and sometimes avoid
bad habbits - like forgeting to ask the community before making
important decisions :-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message