tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Jan H. Hansen" <JAH...@tdc.dk>
Subject Project structure
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:30:53 GMT
Hello Developers
I have been thinking about contributing to jakarta tomcat. I am sorry to
say this but I find structure of source code is a bit discouraging. As a
newcomer there isn't much that is recognizable, which results in a
pretty steep learning curve. I realize that this sorta mail isn't really
that constructive because I don't provide any suggestions for solutions
(assuming there is a problem in the first place).
I can not rule out that my difficulties are partly due to the fact that
i am used to developing in some sort of IDE as opposed to working with
command lines tools. It is also possible that current organization of
project is perfectly logical even if it doesn't resemble what I am used
to.
Have you given any considderation to whether it might be worth
considdering re-organizing source and build structure to make project
more accessible to potential contributors?

Kind regards
Jan H. Hansen