tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Rabe" <dr...@opentext.com>
Subject Windows service shutdown not invoking destroy()?
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:26:45 GMT
I'm running Tomcat 5.0.28 on Windows XP Pro as a Windows service. If I use shutdown.bat to
stop Tomcat, then the destroy() method of my servlet is invoked. If I simply "stop" the Windows
service, destroy() apparently is NOT called. The behavior is not consistent; I've seen it
work on one machine, but not on another. I uninstalled and re-installed on the machine where
it wasn't working, and it didn't make a difference (still doesn't work).

Has anyone else run into this? Any ideas on what might cause the problem?

Thanks,
--Dan