tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Armstrong <>
Subject Re: DOS kind of Attack to your RAM?
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:13:57 GMT
On 17 Mar 2005, at 04:31, John Smith wrote:
> I know this is not exactly a Java/TC question, but that could happen
> to any
> machine in a DMZ.

It's not even vaguely a Java/TC question.

> Today as I showcased some app to my clients there was an incident of
> clients
> entering data that is not saved.
> It apparently happens in some cases, all data kept in sessions I keep
> in a
> memory HSQL table only when a user is done I save the data on the back
> end
> tables
> But apparently they corrupted the in memory data somehow

Who did? What evidence is there that you were attacked? In what sense
is it a DOS attack? What does it have to do with Jakarta?

> How do these m*th$r f&ck!rs do that (any links?) and how can you avoid
> it?

You haven't really said what 'they' have done.

Andy Armstrong,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message