tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/session
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:57:56 GMT wrote:
> billbarker    2005/03/21 19:50:03
>   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/session
>   Log:
>   From the comments for R1.11, it seems that some early version of the spec had an exception
here.  However, this didn't survive to the final spec version, so we can once again allow
access to getLastAccessedTime from an invalid session.
>   Fix for Bug #34107

I didn't know that, as the javadoc actually says:

public long getLastAccessedTime()

     Returns the last time the client sent a request associated with
this session, as the number of milliseconds since midnight January 1,
1970 GMT, and marked by the time the container received the request.

     Actions that your application takes, such as getting or setting a
value associated with the session, do not affect the access time.

         a long representing the last time the client sent a request
associated with this session, expressed in milliseconds since 1/1/1970 GMT
 >>>        java.lang.IllegalStateException - if this method is called
on an invalidated session

Which paragraph in the spec has the conflicting statement ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message