tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Web apps vs. Logging vs. Tomcat
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:40:17 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> I also added fixes recently so that loggers are not accessed too
> early, which was a similar issue (some loggers would be have be
> improperly associated with the container classloader). There's lots of
> tweaking needed with logging overall, it's sort of to be expected.

I'll have to check out the latest 5.5 as that's basically the other
problem I was seeing.  Tomcat using my log4j and my log4j.properties,
but was doing so before my first ServletContextListener was called, so I
had not had a chance to install my LoggerRepositorySelector.  Thus these
loggers were in my web app but not using the LoggerRepository I
designated for my web app...

--
Jess Holle