tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <>
Subject Re: Web apps vs. Logging vs. Tomcat
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:20:47 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Here, I suppose modifying all the loggers to be like this:
> private Log log = LogFactory.getLog(JspServlet.class);
> would fix the issue without further problems.

Hmm...  Any chance of such a fix in the next few months.  I can search
out such and suggest patches, but I'm quite sure you have a far greater
degree of familiarity with the details -- I just saw the "configuration
nightmare" as you aptly put it.

> It's not the official J2EE way (there's no official J2EE way, as the
> default java.util.logging implementation is one global namespace
> unsuitable for containers), but it's similar to JNDI handling.

Understood.  I've already got reasonable JNDI-based approach -- assuming
the static loggers are to be cleaned up any time in the near future.

Jess Holle

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message