tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <>
Subject Re: Tagging JK 1.2.9 on 3/17/2005
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:08:49 GMT
Hi Mladen,

- Build for apache 1.3 OK (but see detailed comments).
- Running with apache 1.3 and JkShmFile: Looks OK
- jkstatus: Looks OK
- socket_timeout: Still needs to be tested (will try later)

- Logging shows mod_jk initialization two times! Once for a process A,
which does no longer exist after apache startup has finished, and a
second time the same lines for the usual parent process B. System call
trace shows, that A forks B and exits during startup. In my case, apache
is not run from the root account.

Anything else (apart from socket_timeout) I should test (test cases?)

Code from CVS HEAD today 17:00 CET.

Environment Solaris 8 UltraSparc, autoconf 2.59, automake 1.9, libtool
1.5, GNU m4 1.4.2, GNU make 3.80, gcc 3.2, Solaris ld 1.279.

CFLAGS set to "-O2", CC set to "gcc -specs=MY_SPECS_PATH/specs" and the
specs file differs from the standard one by:

< %{static|static-libgcc:-lgcc
-lgcc_eh}%{shared-libgcc:-lgcc_s%M -lgcc}}%{shared:-lgcc_s%M}}}
  > %{static|static-libgcc:-lgcc
-lgcc_eh}%{shared-libgcc:-lgcc_s%M -lgcc}}}

This is to link statically against libgcc. Otherwise the runtime system
must have, which usually is not the case for Solaris systems. warns: warning: underquoted definition of JK_CHECK_SETSOCKOPT
    run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
    or see installing `scripts/build/unix/install-sh' installing `scripts/build/unix/missing'

The underquoted warning means, that future versions of automake might
require line 59 to include additional brackets:

./configure --with-apxs=MY_APXS_PATH/apxs

Nothing special.

make: Warning:

libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish SOME_PATH'
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish SOME_PATH'

but inspection of libtools show, that --finish would not do anything in
our case.

Copied apache-1.3/ to libexec/
Configured apache:

LoadModule jk_module          libexec/
AddModule mod_jk.c
JkWorkersFile /SOME_PATH/conf/
JkShmFile /SOME_PATH/logs/mod_jk.shm
JkLogFile /SOME_PATH/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel trace
# Inside virtual host
# Where to put jk logs
JkLogFile /SOME_PATH/logs/mod_jk_21000.log
JkLogLevel trace
JkMount /status status
JkMount /*.jsp balancer

lynx -cfg=/home/jung/lib/lynx.cfg http://localhost:21000/status

shows version 1.2.9 and detail info for load balancing worker and single