tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_jk2
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:13:48 GMT
Alistair Young wrote:
> Was there a reason mod_jk2 was replaced with mod_jk?

Too complex, uses APR that behaves badly with Apache1.3,
and lot more. Browse the mail archive for further details.

> I found mod_jk2
> much easier to use and it's a pity it's gone.

No it is not, but that's kind of personal opinion in any case.

> Is it just looking for a
> maintainer?

No! Please, I'm tired of JK/JK2 discussions :).
It's a dead code. There are two active connectors projects
already mod_jk and mod_proxy for Apache 2.2

When AJP14 protocol gets accepted we'll probably have a third one,
so that's enough, thought.

> Were there advantages of mod_jk2 over mod_jk?

None.

If you *really* like JK2 code, it's a BSD license, so you can
do with it what ever you wish, just don't call it Apache or Jakarta.

Regards,
Mladen.