tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Starbuck <skij...@yahoo.com>
Subject tomcat dbcp failover code
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:27:15 GMT
Hello,
I'm looking into commons-dbcp to handle db connection
pooling for me but I couldn't find any built-in
failover code to another uri if a database goes down.
I also don't think the package supports multiple uri's
for a DriverManagerConnectionFactory.  Since I may
have to implement this at the applicaton layer I was
wondering how or if tomact handles failing over to
another physical database.  If possible could someone
point me to the source code in tomcat that does this
so I can take a look?  Any other insights welcome.

thanks

--

The information contained in this email along with all attachments is confidential and is
not to be shared without my permission and prior knowledge of who will be viewing it's contents