tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/session StandardSession.java
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:58:22 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Remy Maucherat" <remm@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 1:57 AM
Subject: Re: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/session
StandardSession.java

>billbarker@apache.org wrote:
>> billbarker    2005/03/21 19:50:03
>>
>>   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/session
>>                         StandardSession.java
>>   Log:
>>   From the comments for R1.11, it seems that some early version of the
>> spec had an exception here.  However, this didn't survive to the final
>> spec version, so we can once again allow access to getLastAccessedTime
>> from an invalid session.
>>   Fix for Bug #34107
>
>I didn't know that, as the javadoc actually says:
>
>getLastAccessedTime
>
>public long getLastAccessedTime()
>
>     Returns the last time the client sent a request associated with this
> session, as the number of milliseconds since midnight January 1, 1970 GMT,
> and marked by the time the container received the request.
>
>     Actions that your application takes, such as getting or setting a
> value associated with the session, do not affect the access time.
>
>     Returns:
>         a long representing the last time the client sent a request
> associated with this session, expressed in milliseconds since 1/1/1970 GMT
>     Throws:
>on an invalidated session
>
>Which paragraph in the spec has the conflicting statement ?

It's the java-doc for jakarta-servletapi-5 that is wrong.  The javadocs in
the servlet spec do not contain a 'throws' clause.  See also:
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/servlet/http/HttpSession.html#getLastAccessedTime()

Rémy