tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: tomcat connector
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:30:30 GMT
You need to implement your own ProtocolHandler
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/catalina/docs/api/org/apache
/coyote/ProtocolHandler.html, which will hand the Request & Response off to
the Adapter that Tomcat hands it when it is ready for Tomcat to process
them.  You'll probably also want to implement an ActionHook as well.

The simplest place to start is to take a look at
org.apache.coyote.memory.MemoryProtocolHandler.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Remo rahman" <remo.rahman@gmail.com>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 1:28 AM
Subject: tomcat connector

I'm developing an application which is a java servlet, deployed on tomcat
5.5
Now, I want my application to take raw data from the client through
sockets, & for that it has to make a socket connection and listen that
port for data.

 I've heard that we can create Connectors in Tomcat, which can listen
to any protocol type of request i.e. Http, Telnet or any of
application protocol.

 In my case I need a Connector which can listen to a socket for raw
data type requests…

And, I can hook my application (or servlet) with that Connector & can
listen to those requests which are coming on that connection.

But, as a solution I want my client to be a simple Telnet tool, which
can send requests on the port, I've configured for my Connector.

But, till now I've seen tomcat entertaining Http requests only.

Please suggest,

- How to implement this in tomcat 5.5

- Is there any built-in connector available

- Is it possible to make a custom connector for this scenario

Looking forward to your comments & suggestions