tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/realm JDBCRealm.java
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 23:41:08 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <remm@apache.org>
To: <jakarta-tomcat-catalina-cvs@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 3:03 PM
Subject: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/realm
JDBCRealm.java

> remm        2005/03/08 15:03:01
>
>   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/realm JDBCRealm.java
>   Log:
>   - Add back the reconnection logic to JDBC realm, which was removed for
wrong reasons. From what I saw, it causes major issues with MySQL otherwise
>     (obviously, another solution is to use the better data source realm).

<snip />
>   +                open();
>   +
>                    try {
>   +                    stmt = credentials(dbConnection, username);
>   +                    rs = stmt.executeQuery();
>   +
>   +                    if (rs.next()) {
>   +                        dbCredentials = rs.getString(1);
>                        rs.close();

Either I'm really missing something, or you need a break statement here.
Otherwise it always runs twice, even if the first time succeeded.

of this message and any attachments.

(unencrypted) e-mail.