tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "John Smith" <cml...@acedsl.com>
Subject DOS kind of Attack to your RAM?
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 04:31:14 GMT
I know this is not exactly a Java/TC question, but that could happen to any
machine in a DMZ.

Today as I showcased some app to my clients there was an incident of clients
entering data that is not saved.

It apparently happens in some cases, all data kept in sessions I keep in a
memory HSQL table only when a user is done I save the data on the back end
tables

But apparently they corrupted the in memory data somehow

How do these m*th$r f&ck!rs do that (any links?) and how can you avoid it?

If you are using MySQL how do you set it up to save all data even if it is
updated or deleted, so you have sort of a backup in case you need it...

THanks