tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: SVN migration?
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2005 03:16:03 GMT
Well, numbers are statistics do speak for themself - but may tell
different things. Apache may have most projects in SVN, but the world
has most projects in cvs. And most tools (finally) have some good, first
class built-in support for CVS, most people are (finally) familiar
enough with using cvs. There are some plugins for svn ( and other
version control tools ) - but not at the same level.

I like SVN a lot - and for a new project probably I would choose it if
there is a choice - sf.net or other places are cvs only.  But I don't
think all the pain for switching tomcat is justified, and switching few
repositories but not others is even worse.

Unless we're going to do major reorganization of the code ( move
directories around ) or we start some complex branches, or we have any
other need where SVN is much better than CVS - I would say it's better
for everyone to stick with the stable environment.

Costin