tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Albrecht Rieger <albrecht.rie...@conti.de>
Subject Re: Custom load balancing algorithm and mod_jk???
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 07:16:22 GMT

hi Mladen,

are you able to tell me, how to get rid of all this apache and tomcat
emails I get and I do definitely NOT want ?

best regards

albrecht

Proprietary and confidential. Distribution only by express authority of
Continental AG or its subsidiaries

                      Mladen Turk

                      <mturk@apache.org        To:       Tomcat Developers List <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

                      >                        cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: Custom load balancing algorithm
and mod_jk???
                      09.02.2005 18:51

                      Please respond to

                      "Tomcat

                      Developers List"

dhay@lexmark.com wrote:
> Hi Mladen,
>
> That sounds feasible...but I have no idea how to do that!!
>
> Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?
>
> - how do we create custom headers?  Where?

Inside Tomcat.
Not sure where, but some sort of filter should help.
Take a look at filter documentation if you don't wish
to hack the Tomcat code itself.
The filter will need to gather CPU usage and add some
header to outgoing headers.

> - how do we get access to the ajp demarshaling?

Inside mod_jk.
jk_ajp_common.c -> ajp_unmarshal_response
See how headers are parsed.
Then you will need to pass that back to lb_worker.

> Sorry for the ignorance!  I haven't done any extending of tomcat
before...

Then I wish you all the luck :).

Regards,
Mladen