tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <henri.go...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom load balancing algorithm and mod_jk???
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:15:44 GMT
Well we could provide the Tomcat load by many ways but I rather like
keep them compatible with AJP13 :

- Add a new message from jk to tomcat, like the CPING/CPONG, to get
the expect load on tomcat. jk could decide to send this information
packet each X requests.

- Add a custom header in reply but this one should be decoded by jk in
response and removed from browser response.

The first method is simpler, the second may be cleaner and more
responsive since we could get the information in real time, ie at each
reply