tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [patch] jk 1.2.8 Build failure on linux (1 liner)
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 00:52:34 GMT
Actually, I've noticed another build problem.  The declaration
of 'test' on HP/UX is actually a posix sh wrapper to the built
in sh - which invokes test $@.

Sadly this means that empty arguments to test are dropped,
such that test -z "" results in an 'insufficient arguments'
error to the test utility.

This causes us to fall into the Apache2 defines path within
the apxs test logic which makes building the 1.3 mod_jk quite
difficult on a stock HP/UX box.

I'm bringing this up instead of simply offering a patch, because
I want to determine; should we use Apache 1.3's apxs to link,
or continue to abuse libtool for Apache 1.3 modules?

I can offer up either patch later this week.

Bill

At 07:58 PM 1/27/2005, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>JFC - you missed something.  I'm not speaking of Apache 2.0
>... this is in r.e. Apache 1.3 (native/jk/apache13) :)
>
>Bill
>
>At 05:38 AM 1/20/2005, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>>I'm finding that @top_builddir@ isn't resolved when I
>>>run ./buildconf / ./configure against apache1.3 apxs, so the libtool isn't resolved.
 The fix is trivial, use the same fixed top_builddir=.. as all the other /native/ directories
used.

>>-0: It would be better to set @top_builddir@ correctly in configure.
>>
>>>It still confuses me why, when apxs defined the correct
>>>cc / ld for apache 1.3, the apache1.3 module is building
>>>with libtool (which might be the wrong compiler, linker,
>>>etc.)  I'll investigate a complete patch later, but this
>>>little one should solve the issue for some.
>>
>>Don't remove libtool otherwise I will have problems:
>>+++
>>jfclere@vtxclere:/opt/SMAWoIS/apache13> /opt/apache21/sbin/apxs -q LIBTOOL
>>/bin/sh /opt/apache21/build/libtool --silent
>>jfclere@vtxclere:/opt/SMAWoIS/apache13> file /opt/apache21/build/libtool
>>/opt/apache21/build/libtool: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1, dynamically
linked (uses shared libs), not stripped