tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject 5.5 support for Java 5 language features in JSPs
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:17:57 GMT
Is there any realistic ETA for Java 5 language feature support in Tomcat
5.5 JSPs?

Tomcat 5.0.30 has a simple web.xml flag to note the target language version.

5.5 does too -- if you force it to use javac rather than JDT.  This is
sounding better and better the longer Tomcat 5.5 does not bundle a JDT
that fully supports Java 5.

I realize this is not a Tomcat issue as much as a JDT issue -- except
that Tomcat 5.5 uses JDT by default.  I also realize scriptlets are
considered evil -- but they, and hard requirements for Java 5 *now*, are
a fact of life for some of us.

--
Jess Holle