tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Drzewiecki <drz...@post.pl>
Subject Re: 5.5.8 ?
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 23:02:54 GMT
Dominik Drzewiecki wrote:
>>The list of fixes gets longer, and there were actually two regressions
>>in 5.5.7:
>>- JSP precompilation with taglibs in some cases
>>- DataSource realm connection leaking; the fix needs testing
>
> I did some testing in a webapp I currently develop. And the fixed
> DataSourceRealm seems to work. No more leaking - at least the Realm returns
> all leased connections to the pool. However I observe increasing number of
> database backends after several subsequent redeployments. Since the
> datasource defined in application's context.xml serves connections to both
> DataSourceRealm as well as the application itself (Hibernate Session, to be
> exact), I suspect that there's something wrong with the DataSource cleanup
> peformed on undeployment. I'll look into it today evening. Any
> thoughts/suggestions are welcome.

I confirm, that the new DataSourceRealm is not a source of
aforementioned leaked connections. The real origin of the leak was the
fact that the Spring ContextLoaderListener couldn't properly release all
the beans on undeploy/stop as the context parameters have been removed
before listener's contextDestroyed() invocation. AFAIK this has also
been fixed (bug 33463)

FYI, I tested DataSourceRealm with PostgreSQL 8.0.

regz,
/dd