tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVN migration?
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 20:41:54 GMT
Sandy McArthur wrote:
> On Feb 4, 2005, at 10:29 AM, Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
>> Whatever productivity is gained are over CVS will probably get eaten
>> up by less efficient tool integration for me.
>
> Right, Ant doesn't have a svn task yet. Isn't that reason enough not to
> jump ship yet?

I do all my CVS stuff from the command line so TortoiseCVS or
TortoiseSVN - either works for me.

Whilst there is no Ant integration and I am -1 on migration for TC5.

When we do start the migration process I would be happy to test the
migration of the following as the first batch
jakarta-tomcat-4.0
jakarta-servletapi-4
jakarta-watchdog-4.0 (I still use it for testing releases)

Running CVS and SVN side by side for a few weeks for Jasper and the
connectors isn't too much of a pain. Assuming TC4 all works well, we
could then migrate the remaining modules.

Mark