tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Deprecation and JK2
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:45:06 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:
> [...]

It is using the jk2 'object' - it can be easily rewritten to use the new
apr library directly, but in the current form I don't see how it could
be used without jk2 native  (and if you want to add it - it's easier to
start from channelSocket ).

>>Maybe it would be a good idea to rename the remaining files ( but please
>>not org.apache.ajp - it would be confusing since this is the name of the
>>very old connector package ).
>>
>>What is the story with in-process ? Is it still supported with jk1.x ?
>

> Only the (very) old 3.3 JniHandler at the moment.

Maybe the new apr library will help improve this too.

BTW, starting in-process java in jdk1.5 ( on linux at least ) it's
amazing, no longer requires LD_LIBRARY_PATHs and seem to 'just work'.

Costin