tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <>
Subject Re: Deprecation and JK2
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:14:08 GMT
A lot of the code is actually specific to the now-dead Jk2 - if the
native jk2 is gone, probably you should clean up this side as well.

- org.apache.jk.apr - the not-quite apr jni layer that connects to the
native objects, as well as 'in-process' launcher ( I doubt it can be
used by jk1.x ), also common.JniHandler

- ChannelJni, ChannelShm, ChannelUn, Shm - specific to jk2.

Maybe it would be a good idea to rename the remaining files ( but please
not org.apache.ajp - it would be confusing since this is the name of the
very old connector package ).

What is the story with in-process ? Is it still supported with jk1.x ?

Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Henri Gomez wrote:
>> +0
>> JK / JK2 are also very specific to our current AJP implemtation.
>> Maybe they should be called AJP instead ?
> I thouhgt I had done enough damage with my package renaming and class
> moving ;)
> The renaming here is nearly all located in strings which are supposed to
> be displayed to the user when there's an error, and also in comments ->
> low impact stuff.
>> PS: Happy New Year to all TC-DEV members :)
> Rémy

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message