tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Deprecation and JK2
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:14:08 GMT
A lot of the code is actually specific to the now-dead Jk2 - if the
native jk2 is gone, probably you should clean up this side as well.

- org.apache.jk.apr - the not-quite apr jni layer that connects to the
native objects, as well as 'in-process' launcher ( I doubt it can be
used by jk1.x ), also common.JniHandler

- ChannelJni, ChannelShm, ChannelUn, Shm - specific to jk2.

Maybe it would be a good idea to rename the remaining files ( but please
not org.apache.ajp - it would be confusing since this is the name of the
very old connector package ).

What is the story with in-process ? Is it still supported with jk1.x ?

Costin