tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Fox,Tim" <Tim....@t-mobile.net>
Subject RE: mod_jk jni worker - apache + number of processes
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:05:46 GMT
Hi Mladen -

Thanks for your reply.

I suspected as much.

My real motivation here is to basically provide a java implementation of an apache module
or filter. I didn't want to communicate via sockets or whatever to a shared java process due
to performance considerations.

Especially for doing stuff like setting the apache uri or filename via the request_rec, I
thought that this would incur too much overhead.

I'm guessing this is something that has been considered before. Any ideas? Maybe it's already
been discounted for these reasons?

Anyway, I guess this is turning into an Apache httpd question rather than a tomcat one! :)