tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Fox,Tim" <Tim....@t-mobile.net>
Subject mod_jk jni worker - apache + number of processes
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:34:08 GMT
Hi All-

Apologies for cross-posting from the user group - but in retrospect I believe this might be
a better forum for this question:

I am interesting in using the in processes jni_worker with apache 2.0 on linux.

My question concerns the number of instances of a jvm, and hence tomcat that will be created.

My understanding is that, on linux the default mpm configuration will have multiple child
server processes created.

Does that mean there will be multiple jvms and hence multiple tomcat instances instantiated?
Or is the jvm somehow "shared" across processes?

Is it a requirement of using the jni worker that the number of child server processes is limited
to 1 in the apache config?

Any help greatly appreciated.