tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Harry Mantheakis <ha...@mantheakis.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject Re: Redirecting Tomcat 5.0.28 output.
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:17:44 GMT
> I am using Tomcat 5.0.28.
> The Tomcat output by default is available in stdout file in Logs
> directory of Tomcat Installation folder.
> I want the output to be available on the console.
> How do i redirect the Tomcat output from the stdout file to the console?

Call $CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh or $CATALINA_HOME\bin\catalina.bat from
a terminal (command prompt) and specify the 'run' option (not the 'start'
option).

Tomcat will then run as part of the terminal process, and stdout will
display. The log files will still be created/updated.

The above terminal process will be blocked, so you will have to stop Tomcat
from another terminal, calling the catalina script and specifying 'stop'.

Harry Mantheakis