tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Tomcat 5.5.7 Stability
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:31:20 GMT
I'm going to abstain from voting since I am unable to adequately test. But I
did find one item which could be a PITA for the folks on tomcat-user.

In setclasspath.sh - the CLASSPATH isn't always overridden. If the user tries
to start tomcat with an existing CLASSPATH  - that is appended to the
bootstrap classpath. You can only guess that wacky errors I saw after startup
with my legacy 3+ year old CLASSPATH.

I committed the change to setclasspath.sh to fix this.

While this issue is definitely not a blocker, it might cause a lot of
frustration for the many users who keep their CLASSPATH enironment variable set.

-Tim