tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Tomcat 5.5.7 Stability
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:31:20 GMT
I'm going to abstain from voting since I am unable to adequately test. But I
did find one item which could be a PITA for the folks on tomcat-user.

In - the CLASSPATH isn't always overridden. If the user tries
to start tomcat with an existing CLASSPATH  - that is appended to the
bootstrap classpath. You can only guess that wacky errors I saw after startup
with my legacy 3+ year old CLASSPATH.

I committed the change to to fix this.

While this issue is definitely not a blocker, it might cause a lot of
frustration for the many users who keep their CLASSPATH enironment variable set.

Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Hi,
> Tomcat 5.5.7 was released a week ago, and now it's time for a stability vote ;)
>  I have yet to see TCK results, but this has been a crazy month for everyone it
> seems...
> [ ] Alpha: leave it as-is, numerous bugs, etc.
> [ ] Beta: good quality release, at least one issue preventing stable vote
> [ ] Stable: solid, no major issues (minor issues possible)
> Thanks for voting,
> Yoav

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: