tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [APR-JAVA] cvs upload
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:09:49 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>>I agree with you. After all, the main focus is Tomcat support,
>>as APR's main focus is Httpd support.
>
> Outch!  Hope that isn't the worldwide impression;

When it will have apr_free then it will be free of httpd spirit :).

> Clearly, your interface will be broader than apr.  When you do
> encounter the need for abstracting apr specifically, I do hope
> you consider doing this in a concerted effort.  A reply to my
> post on dev@apr.apache.org, that an oo-dev abstraction effort
> is worthwhile, wanted, or you want to participate in, would
> be most appreciated.

I'm surely do. I've started the apr-java project as a two way interface,
with apr being capable to use java and vice versa. This is far more
complex then what we need for tomcat, but other projects like
commons/daemon could benefit from it. For example we have there
three separate codebases resolving the JVM loading, so portable
solution would be welcome.

Mladen.