tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Rossbach>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/webapps/docs changelog.xml
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:01:44 GMT
Hello Remy,

Thanx for your help and I hope we have now a better server.xml saving

The new features are:

-  Clustering support
-   new 5.5 Connector attribute mapping support (with correct https saving)
-   backup the context.xml also as default mode
-   Internally you can save Server/Service/Host/Context at PrintWriter
-   configurable and extendable

I hope we have fun with the new modul :-)

Remy Maucherat schrieb:

> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>> I've thought about this more. Actually, maybe it's better to leave an
>> indirection (and keep the compatibility as a bonus). Otherwise, we
>> start to have to hardcode (or make configurable = more complexity) an
>> ObjectName. So I think you probably have made the right choice.
> Now that I have looked at it, I have some comments:
> - nearly all of the logging is done as log.error(e), which isn't cool,
> because it logs e.toString() rather than a stack trace

Yes, this is a ToDO and I spent time for this.

> - I think some special cases are needed for Context handling (but it's
> not very high priority, the current stuff does the job):

>   * avoid saving information which is in the default context
> configuration (I think MBeans should be added for exposing the context
> defaults)

Yes, the Context handling is very spezial. Currently the only chance is
parse context defaults at a fresh new Context and strip down the real
Context. Bad,Bad and no easy :-(  I hope we have at future a
DefaultContext MBean and use this at HostConfig and StoreConfig.

>   * don't save "path" except in server.xml

I thing that can I fix!