tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/webapps/docs changelog.xml
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:43:52 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> I've thought about this more. Actually, maybe it's better to leave an
> indirection (and keep the compatibility as a bonus). Otherwise, we start
> to have to hardcode (or make configurable = more complexity) an
> ObjectName. So I think you probably have made the right choice.

Now that I have looked at it, I have some comments:
- nearly all of the logging is done as log.error(e), which isn't cool,
because it logs e.toString() rather than a stack trace
- I think some special cases are needed for Context handling (but it's
not very high priority, the current stuff does the job):
   * avoid saving information which is in the default context
configuration (I think MBeans should be added for exposing the context
   * don't save "path" except in server.xml
   * don't save "docBase" if the webapp is in the host "appBase"

It seems to work as well as the old code, so it's great :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message