tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Deprecation and JK2
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:44:17 GMT
(Note: I'm talking about the Java code here)

That code is IMO a bit messy. It's fast (it does its job and seems to
beat HTTP for proxying) and works, but I think a cleanup won't hurt.

Some of the issues:
- Deprecation (ex: JkMain is deprecated, supposedly to be replaced, but
I don't see anything coming, so I think JkMain should be undeprecated)
- Formatting (I don't quite like this, as it would screw up diffs;
running some code formetter on that, like Eclipse, wouldn't hurt, though)
- Many strings refer to "jk2": I plan to replace these with "jk"

Rémy